Voice-Setting Phonology by Sarn Rich
- lesson plan 3
Recording ('Opening Strategies' Unit 2) of 5 short extracts
in German, English, French, Japanese and Spanish.
- How do you feel when you hear somebody mispronouncing Spanish?
- Which sounds in Spanish do foreigners mispronounce? Why?
- Which sounds in English do you find difficult to pronounce?
- Can you think of any English words or phrases which sound
3. Model for short autobiography (Taylor 1993:20)
name is _________ I was born in _________________ and I live
in__________ . I have __________ brothers and __________ sisters.
The things I_________. The things
I like most are _________________________________ . The things
I don't like very much are ____________________________ .
4. Two lists of 'bilingual minimal pairs' (from an
idea in Bowen and Marks 1992:21)
central cathedral hotel metro patio café bar casino
central catédral hotel metro patio café
bar casino beige
asparagus melon cauliflower
infection nausea football tennis
infección naúsea fútbol
5. Video: 'Secrets and Lies', in English with English
subtitles ('Speak up') - very brief extract, of Maurice arriving
at his sister's door.
6. Emotions written on bits of paper:
bored happy shocked
the beginning of the lesson plan
to the articles index