Young Learners : step by step
on the road to autonomy
This means that the first component will be the vocabulary :
- teacher starts counting and students go on until number 7. Then teacher gives new word “ROOMS” and has some students repeat it.
- the first four words ending in “room” are introduced, mimed and repeated, and then discriminated (listen to the words, “do them” and repeat them…)
- the last four words ( very similar to the French ones) are finally introduced and easily memorized.
The second component will be the question :
- teacher covers document 7 and introduces two characters (see Scan 6 ), then asks students to close their eyes…
- while children have their eyes closed, teacher hides Sally in the house and asks students to re-open their eyes and a new visual aid appears (see Scan 5).
- teacher introduces “Where’s Sally?”, acts as if looking for her, repeats the question and has students memorize it.
To page 5 of 6
To the article index